Sagada Redux - Part Deux

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

sagada persimmon pictureHere's a sequel to an earlier post of Sagada black and white pictures (See Sagada Redux - Sagada B&W Photos). Caesar Gonzales, a friend from high school took the photos during his recent Sagada visit last August 2009. He has informed me that he is planning another visit with a common friend also from high school. I'm envious that he got to visit Sagada more than I have in the past 2 years or so. His photographs are a good consolation though. They remind me of some black and white photos I acquired from a French photographer who visited Sagada in the 1980s. (See my previous posts: 1980s Sagada Images by a French Photographer - Part I & 1980s Sagada Images by a French Photographer - Part II). Enjoy the second batch of pictures below:







3 comments:

Mimi C October 7, 2009 at 6:25 AM  

beautiful photographs. thanks for sharing.

Ylan October 7, 2009 at 6:49 AM  

Hi there, thanks for visiting my blog... does your family own the weaving business as well? the lawn in front i suppose doesn't exist anymore :) we have photos in front of the weaving house but i haven't posted them yet.. From Cebu, Sagada is quiet far but it's worth the trip.. i really like it there... maybe me and friends will come back again next year/summer..

SaGaDa-iGoRoT October 8, 2009 at 11:30 AM  

YLAN, Sagada Weaving got started by my grandmother, but it was my aunt who really established it well. My cousins are now managing the business.