BIBBAK Illinois - Images and a Video

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Igorots and residents from the Philippine Cordillera region met together for the BIBBAK Illinois 2008 Summer Picnic held at a picnic grove at the Labaugh Woods in Chicago. Here's sharing some images and a video. A story post will be published later. I did miss out on taking a photo of the food - lots and lots of food!

Group picture under the BIBBAK banner.

No BIBBAK gathering without the dancing.

Sacks of rice, bottles of strawberry jam, shirts and other goodies comprised the raffle prizes.

Newly elected and very young batch of officers.

Volleyball during the picnic.

"Where's that bag of water?" Having fun with kids games.

Igorots or not, in the Philippines or in the US, boys of all ages will always enjoy playing with mud.

And, a video of the attendees dancing:

2 comments:

Anonymous August 25, 2008 at 6:58 PM  

I know the Mt Province a bit and loved the places that I've visited there and made a few friends.

I was a guest years ago at a typical Igorot hut and had partaken of the meals offered by their owners, composed of boiled chicken (can't remember if the chicken had been feather plucked before cooking) and rice.

In Lagawe town, I was presented with a pair of beautiful bululs that were given to me as presents after my brief sojourn.

I miss the Mountain Province and hope to visit again when Gloria is finally gone!

Kamulo September 7, 2008 at 5:52 PM  

Anna, you're always free to visit even if Gloria is in power. OR, is there another story to this? Interesting.