Igorot Images from around the World

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I stumbled across a huge collection of online galleries featuring photos of Igorots in the Philippines and abroad. This is courtesy of the Igorot Galleries in sagada.com. My wife and I took a good hour or so going over the photos. From a remote mountainous region in northwestern Philippines, the Igorots sure have come a long way. Here’s a sampling of the more than 7000+ pictures in the gallery showing Igorot gatherings in Seattle, British Columbia, Tokyo, Australia, Switzerland, and Washington, D.C.

2 comments:

Janette Toral August 8, 2008 at 7:11 PM  

It is great that these resources are now available online. Unlike during my time in school, the only Sagada / Igorot photos I got to look at were from very limited postcards and books used at schools.

Hopefully, the availability of this information will also expand our perspective on the culture and heritage. It will be great if there are video documentaries online that can be accessed anytime.

Bugan August 9, 2008 at 11:54 AM  

Hi! I enjoyed reading your posts and looking at what's on your site. I think your original Kamulo and Kosta website four or five years ago was among the first Igorot websites that I got to see. Good to know you're still at it! All the best:-)