Sagada's Dennis Faustino in Spotlight

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sagada Dennis FaustinoDr. Dennis Faustino, an adopted i-Sagada is featured in Inquirer's "An accidental tourist gives back to Sagada". The article described how Dr. Faustino first visited Sagada and how the former school administrator at the International School in Makati eventually became a principal of Sagada's St. Mary's School. I last saw him on my last visit to Sagada in November 2007 - during the 1st death anniversary of my aunt. He kindly offered to give my mother and I a lift from Nangonogan to Dagdag. What's interesting is his new Sagada project - he and his staff are preparing to stage another musical, “Fiddler on the Roof” in Kankana-ey with the working title “Mengasa id Atep” (A Gangsa Player on a Thatched Roof). This version retains the original’s melodies and storyline but is adapted to the local culture. It would be a treat to watch this as he has done great work in Sagada's community musicals in the past. Too bad it wouldn't be possible for me at this time. Photo Credit and Article Link at Inquirer.net.

3 comments:

Al June 26, 2009 at 4:37 AM  

Hello I was in Sagada once, and I swear I going back. How nice I've found a blog about Sagada. I am AL

Anonymous June 26, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

mr.fau is an awesome individual - he was our theatre coordinator in is manila in the early 90s (When i was in high school) and he shaped my life - as well as those of my friends immensely. great to see he is doing well!

Anonymous May 6, 2016 at 4:47 AM  

Sir Dennis or Sir Fau, as we fondly called him, was a great man. As far as my mind would take me, he had the longest patience; and with that we are grateful (beyond words). -From SJHSMPI