IGOROTak (Igorot Ako / I'm an Igorot) Shirts

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

naduma igorotak shirtI'm running behind on my blogging; and will be attempting to catch up. What better way to do that than to blog about our IGOROTAK shirts. My cousin, a store manager of her older sister's NADUMA shop in SM Baguio, was searching the Internet for IGOROTAK shirts when she came across my blog post from August of last year when we attended an Igorot party here in Chicago and saw many fellow Igorots wearing the shirts. She felt bad that we didn't have our own so she sent 10 shirts through the mail - two for each of us. These shirts are just way cool! We immediately wore it to a party and had a friend begging to have one of them. My wife replied in jest - "Bakit, Igorot ka ba?" (Why, are you an Igorot?) It was just a testament of the shirts' uber-coolness. I wore my IGOROTAK shirt proudly to work during casual Friday and it was a conversation starter. I was asked multiple times what it meant, and of course, I willingly explained. Sharing more photos -

naduma igorotak shirt

naduma igorotak shirt

9 comments:

Pekdas July 7, 2009 at 2:32 AM  

hmm this one is cool. I'll go grab one when I go to Baguio...

Kayni July 7, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

hay, i'd like one please =)...

Anonymous July 9, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

Adim kasapulan samet di dua ay t-shirt. Ipaw-it mo ken sak-en nan esang. Welcome back. Aye pay sa is bakasyon.

i-dekkan

SaGaDa-iGoRoT July 9, 2009 at 11:19 PM  

PEKDAS, you have the same name as our Nangonogan neighbor. :-) Yep, grab one in Baguio. The shirts are of superb quality. Look for the Naduma shop in SM.

KAYNI, hahaha. These shirts are priceless. Get one when you visit the Philippines.

I-DEKKAN, thanks. I wish its really a vacation. Nope, it was a break from the normal stuff as I had a lot of things to take care of. Thanks for your continued visits. Kumusta pay issa N. Carolina?

Eichs July 17, 2009 at 8:25 PM  

Ay yayay.... a friend brought me one already. His means of thanking me for forcing them to visit Baguio. Ha!Ha!Ha!

SaGaDa-iGoRoT July 18, 2009 at 12:11 AM  

eichs, glad to hear you have the shirt. am sure your friend enjoyed their baguio visit very much.

Igorota April 4, 2010 at 4:28 AM  

i bought this shirt specifically for a televised interview! so nice to have an item which uplifts the igorot pride!!

Anonymous July 21, 2010 at 7:50 AM  

i'm going to get one for my "bestest" friend. thanks! i've been looking for it all over... where to buy one i mean. i even ran after someone who was wearing it but did not reach him in time to ask him where he bought it. thanks to you...now i know.

Anonymous November 20, 2013 at 5:02 AM  

I'd like to buy bulks of Naduma products. Where can I check on photos of the products they sell online? Thank you!