Sagada Sumaging Cave has Seashells Imprints

Friday, May 29, 2009

sagada sumaging shell pictureI found this recent, very clear photo of Sagada shell fossils in Sumaging Cave at the TrekNature galleries. I've seen these imprints while I was in the cave more than a decade ago. It's supposed to be proof that Sagada, with its vast network of limestone caves was once underwater many thousands or millions of years ago. I'm not sure if they're fossils though - or they're actual shells. This particular picture is amazing in clarity because the ones pointed to me before were high up in a wall, and with only the Petromax light, I couldn't see the imprints very clearly. Visit this TrekNature gallery for a higher resolution view of the image.

7 comments:

HOMER June 5, 2009 at 5:44 AM  

Oh My im wondering when im going to be there at sagada its a long time goal!!

Hi there! Visiting you! Hope you visit my blog here www.iamstayingalive.blogspot.com and please VOTE FOR it at this site WWW.SALASWILDTHOUGHTS.BLOGSPOT.COM to be THE FILIPINO BLOG OF THE WEEK.

The poll is at the bottom right side bar of the site, just choose IAMSTAYINGALIVE thanks!!

BY THE WAY youve won for 2 consnsecutive weeks wow!!
hope u support me too! thanks!

Beach Philippines June 6, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

Sagada Sumaging Cave?huhuh...one of my dream place to visit and spent some time with my family and friends..

kg June 7, 2009 at 2:49 AM  

is sumaging cave the one with untouched rocks inside. the ones that are a bit orange-brown in color? i love that cave! it's so unique and so fresh. pati yung tubig ang sarap!

Ken June 8, 2009 at 12:35 AM  

Ive seen it once way back when I was working in the Philippines and would like to take my family there when we come for vacation this December.

By the way, I would like to invite you to JOIN THE 2009 PINOY EXPATS/OFW BLOG AWARDS CONTEST.

You can read the details under GUIDELINES section of the homesite
Http://www.pinoyexpatsblogawards.com

I will honestly be happy if you can post your entry about this year's theme.

- Kenj

escape June 20, 2009 at 6:49 PM  

that's something that we were quite amazed about that cave.

mannybaguio August 22, 2009 at 9:13 PM  

naggaling na ako sa sagada about 25 years ago. napakaganda nito. can't wait to go back and see the caves, natural pools, and the hanging coffins again. maganda pa rin ba? i am proud to be a baguio boy kahit ilocano ako. ipinanganak at lumaki sa baguio. pag tinatanong ako kung igorot ako dito sa manila e proud akong umuoo sa kanila. proud to be igorot (by heart). mabuhay!

Tofu Recipes June 10, 2023 at 7:07 AM  

Grateful for you writing this blog