Saturday, April 4, 2009
Some interesting weekend reading on blog posts regarding Igorots.
- 3 lady bloggers made a mention on "big Igorot legs". One going as far to say that her Igorot mom's legs "suggested their ancestors were built to do manual labor outside—they could easily squat and wash by the river". Ah, vanity. See Cheri Lucas, Ubbog Cordillera, and Kalawakan.
- Howie Severino's blog post on Igorot Cowboys.
- Adventurers from Monash University feature the Easter Weaving Room's role in preserving traditional Igorot weaving.
- A spa now offers dagdagay, described as ancient foot massage from Mountain Province. See Hot City. Naganas met-a nan menpa-dagay.
- See Sadiri's brief commentary on why Igorots are still considered primitive amongst Filipinos.