FBI, Full Blooded IGOROT

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Picture above is an Igorot Gentleman ca early-mid 20th century.
Masferre photograph taken from AENET.org.

"I am an Igorot. Let me be treated as I deserve - with respect if I am good, with contempt if I am no good, irrespective of the name I carry. Let the term, Igorot, remain, and the world will use it with the correct meaning attached to it." - Jose Dulnuan

I wish I can really claim that I'm an FBI, a Full-Blooded Igorot, but I'm not. No wishful thinking there. Then again, it's not that bad. It is who I am. My paternal grandfather was half Ilocano. But, I have very little Ilocano blood left since my paternal grandmother and my mother are full-blooded Igorots. My cousins on my father's side are a different story. They have less than a fourth of that precious Igorot blooded-ness. But it doesn't matter. They claim to be as FBI as I am. And they are.

6 comments:

Anonymous April 25, 2008 at 2:36 AM  

wow nice blog and site, exactly what am looking for, hey i have a favor to ask. im developing this mountain province website and i really need contents, can i copy some or most of the articles in your website and credit you as the author/writer of the article. hey thanks a lot.

Anonymous April 27, 2008 at 7:37 AM  

Hello Anonymous, Can you leave an email address? I will contact you. Thanks.

Anonymous November 25, 2010 at 11:43 PM  

Wow this is a very good blog,,i liked the way you tell the story of you're family,i am not also a FBI (1/4 ilocano),i read the whole blog and realized that i should start a documentary of our family because it is our project in Social Studies,But i realized its not going to be easy since where trying to get a citizenship here in U.S,should have done back there

term papers writers June 1, 2011 at 8:33 PM  

What an interesting interpretation of the customary abbreviations. but so what, I like it even more so ;) heh...

purchase essays September 14, 2011 at 7:02 AM  

Developers Well done ... extremely useful and user-friendly website! Thank you for your professional service! Good luck and prosperity to all!

imriz July 12, 2012 at 7:37 AM  

my sister-in-law is, i guess, an FBI ^_^. Both her parents hails from Mt. province. They speak Kankana-ey. She's proud to be called a true blooded Igorot. For that, we admire and loved her.